Herbal Remedy For Amenorrhoea
Amenorrhoea may be defined as condition of absence of menstruation during reproductive age of females. Absence of menstruation is very obvious during pregnancy, lactation, childhood and menopause but this condition basically occur during the reproductive age of women due to certain factors. One of the major factor responsible for the onset of amenorrhoea is hormonal disturbance. Both the sex hormones oestrogen and progesterone are disrupted by range of factors and give birth to this harmful condition in females.
Hypothalamus and pituitary gland plays very essential role in the process of menstruation. Hypothalamus releases hormone called gonadotropin-releasing hormone that helps to trigger pituitary gland to secrete two hormones follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone that are responsible for onset of menstruation in females. So disorders of hypothalamus and hormonal imbalance of pituitary gland both plays major role in amenorrhoea.
Abnormal dysfunction and abnormal secretions of all the hormones result to give birth for many difficulties in ovaries, uterus, cervix and vagina and causes amenorrhoea.
It is further divided into two sub types :-
- Primary amenorrhoea – absence of menstruation after age of 14or 16 with full development of reproductive organs.
- Secondary amenorrhoea – absence of menstruation for 6 months or more in female had regular menstrual periods.
Causes of amenorrhoea :-
There are many causes responsible for this disorder that are associated with brain and genital organs of women. Major factors responsible for this disease may include -
- Unhealthy and unhygienic eating habits
- Physical and mental stress
- Brain tumours and surgeries of brain
- Disorders of endocrine system- hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism
- Medications to treat mental health and cancer
- Abnormal hormonal secretions
- Defects of ovaries, cervix and vagina
- Abnormalities or absence of uterus
Sign and symptoms of amenorrhoea :-
Absence of periods is major sign of amenorrhoea and other associated symptoms of this disorder are -
- Visual disturbance
- Continuous flow of milk due to hyper secretion of prolactin
- Excessive hair growth and voice hoarseness
- Vaginal itching and dryness
- Poor libido
- Lack of secondary sexual characters
Ayurvedic or Herbal remedy for amenorrhoea-
Menoyam capsules and mensulix syrup both are very effective ayurvedic or herbal remedy for amenorrhoea management are available at Destination Ayurveda. Both the ayuvedic remedies are beneficial for this disorder.
Regular use of these ayuvedic products help to cure imbalance of hormones in body and it help to reduce underlying symptoms of amenorrhoea. Pure extract of herbs of Ayurveda are used to prepare these powerful ayurvedic remedies for primary and secondary amenorrhoea. These ayuvedic remedies help to promote the overall health of reproductive system and promote the health of hypothalamus and pituitary gland in females.
These herbal remedies are free from the action of harmful chemicals and preservatives. Pure and natural herbs are used to prepare these ayurvedic products. All the formulations of Destination Ayurveda are formulated under the medical supervision of expert Ayurveda Doctors. These herbal remedies are safe to use and do not cause any side effects to other organs of body.
Ingredient detail :-
- Menoyam capsules - Hing(Ferula narthex) -hing used in this ayuvedic remedy is very beneficial herb of Ayurveda that serves various benefits for females. It is good to aid with acne in cases of herbal remedy of amenorrhoea. It help to kill the harmful bacteria that causes acne and are responsible for other skin conditions. It also help to aid with internal dryness and irritation of vaginal tract. It is also powerful remedy for impotency and it also help to increase sexual libido in females. Kasees(Ferrous sulphate)- kaseesis very effective astringent and tonic in nature. It helps to improve the haemoglobin level in body and it is powerful ayurvedic or herbal remedy for amenorrhoea. It is also good to treat leucorrhoea and other problems of female reproductive system. It also help to treat dysuria, pruritis, leucoderma, fever and splenomegaly. Maricha(Piper nigrum)– maricha is an important herb is used as ayurvedic or herbal remedy for amenorrhoea in females. It is used to induce proper menstrual cycle. Its scraping properties helps to remove impurities from intestine and uterine and helps to maintain overall health of both these organs of body. Vacha(Acoruscalamus) - vacha is very effective herb of Ayurveda used in the treatment of congestion, asthma, to improve memory, voice clarity and for skin care. It helps to promote the health of female reproductive system and used to improve sexual drive. It is good herb that helps to combat with impotency and other menstrual problems. Gajarbeej- gajarbeej is also used as ayurvedic or herbal remedy for It helps to improve both quality and flow of menstrual blood due to its hot potency. It is also good for treating urinary tract related infections. Sodiumbiborate– it is anti-fungal in nature and good to treat acne, pimples and other infectious skin conditions. It also help to treat hormonal imbalance in body. Yawani(Carom ) - yawani is very beneficial herb with bitter and pungent taste. It contains various anti-oxidants and stomachic in nature. It is very effective herb for treating excessive bleeding and irregular menses. It is also used to improve the low sexual libido and also good maintain balance of hormones in females. Ghritkumari(Aloe vera) - it contains various anti-oxidants and anti-bacterial properties. It help to treat various skin disorders like acne, pimple, irritation and wrinkles. It help to inhibit the harmful growth of bacteria in body.
Dosage - 2 capsules two times a day after meals.
- Mensulix syrup - Saunf(anethumsova) - saunf used in mensulix syrup is used to purify blood in body and is a good ayurvedic or herbal remedy for amenorrhoea. It is very essential remedy for treating acne. It also help inhibit the growth of cancerous cells in body. It help to treat brain cancers that causes amenorrhoea in females. Juniper(Juniperuscommunis) - fruits of this herb is very powerful antiseptic, carminative, stomachic and tonic in nature. It helps to promote the overall health of female genital organs. Syrina rue(Peganumharmala) - it is very effective anti-inflammatory and analgesic in nature. It help to reduce inflammation of genital organs and used to treat severe headache in females during amenorrhoea. It is also very powerful anti-depressant that fights against depression and anxiety. Kalounji(Nigella sativa) - this herb of Ayurveda is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant in nature. Its anti-bacterial properties helps to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in body. It is used to improve the secretion of hormones in body and powerful herbal remedy for amenorrhoea. Jatamansi(Nardosatychusjatamansi) - this herb is known for its ability to fight against stress and anxiety. It is very powerful nervine tonic that aid with various problems associated with nervous system. It is anti-fungal in nature and also good to regulate the secretion of hormones. Radish(Raphanussativus) - raphanus is carminative, diuretic, laxative and stomachic in nature. Its anti-spasmodic activities help to reduce the spasm of uterus and other genital organs. Calvicepspurpurea- It is used to treat excessive bleeding during periods, miscarriage and during menopausal periods. It is also used for contraction of uterus and to expel placenta after child birth.Manjistha(Rubiacordifolia) - it is cool in potency and help in the purification of blood. It is very essential herb to treat various disorders associated with menstruation in females.it relieve menstrual pain and improve flow of blood. It also help to cure calcium deficiency and skin problems. Cotton seeds(Gossypiumharbaceum) - it is astringent and aromatic herb that causes uterine contractions. It is anti-fungal and anti-viral in nature. It help to induce onset of periods and used to induce abortion and improve flow of menstrual blood. Orally it is very effective remedy for pain in periods. Externally seeds are used to treat herpes, scabies, wounds and skin infections. Wild carrot(Daucuscarota) - this herb is also used to fight against various disorders of female reproductive system. It is abortifacient in nature.Ulatkambal(Abromaaugustsa) - it is used to treat amenorrhoea and dysmenorrhoea. It is used to reduce pain and spasm of lower abdomen. It is used in intra-uterine disorders and various genital disorders. Satab(Rutagravenoles) – this herb is also used to promote health of genital organs and in Ayurveda this herb is used to treat severe joint related pain. All the herbs used in this herbal are very effective for treating amenorrhoea and used to treat its underlying -symptoms.
Dosage - 2 tablespoonful two times a day after meals.