Bronchitis may be defined as common condition of persistent cough with expectoration on most days for at least three months of the year for two or more consecutive years. The cough in this condition is caused by over secretion of mucus. In spite of its name, chronic inflammation of the bronchi is not a prominent feature and can be managed through ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis.
This condition is more common in middle aged males than females. Approximately 20% of males and 5 % of females throughout the world are suffering with this chronic condition called bronchitis. But only minority of people suffering with bronchitis develop serious disabling COPD or cor pulmonale. Bronchitis is also associated with emphysema.
Factors responsible for causing bronchitis -
Majority of factors that are responsible for the onset of this serious health condition include-
- Smoking- The most common identified factor responsible for causing bronchitis and emphysema is heavy smoking. Heavy cigarette smokers have 4-10 times higher proneness to develop bronchitis. Prolonged use of cigarette smoking appears to act on the lungs in number of ways-
- It impairs ciliary cell movements of inner lining of bronchial tree
- It inhibits the function of alveolar macrophages
- It leads to hypertrophy and hyperplasia of mucus secreting glands
- It causes considerable obstruction of small airways
- It stimulates the vagus nerve and causes Broncho -constriction.
- Atmospheric pollution- The incidence of bronchitis is higher in industrialised urban areas where air is very much polluted. Some atmospheric pollutants that increase the risk of developing bronchitis are sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, particulate dust and toxic fumes.
- Occupation - Workers engaged in certain occupations such as cotton mills, plastic factories etc. are exposed to various organic and inorganic dusts which contribute to disabling bronchitis in such individuals.
- Infections - Bacterial, viral and myoplasmal infections do not initiate bronchitis but usually occur secondary to bronchitis. Cigarette smoke, however, predisposes to infection responsible for acute exacerbation in bronchitis.
- Family and genetic factors - There appears to be poorly defined familial tendency and genetic predisposition to develop disabling bronchitis. However, it is more likely that non-smoker family members who remain in the air pollution of home are significantly exposed to passive smoke and hence have increased blood levels of carbon monoxide.
Bronchitis is further divided into two categories that are:
- Acute bronchitis- this type of bronchitis is common one in majority of patients and symptoms of this type of bronchitis last for few weeks.
- Chronic bronchitis- This type is very serious ill condition, because it doesn’t eliminate by all the ways. This type of bronchitis is further converted into chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder...COPD.
Signs and symptoms of bronchitis -
In both types of bronchitis the main sign and symptoms include-
- Severe cough
- Excessive production of sputum either yellowish or grey-green in colour
- Blood in sputum
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive fatigue and generalised weakness
- High grade fever with chills or cold sweating
- Discomfort of chest region
Ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis :-
Gojihvaadi quaath, Exhain Syrup, Asthasule capsule and Motostat capsule are the best ayurvedic treatments for bronchitis available at house of Destination Ayurveda. Regular use of this ayurvedic treatments pack for bronchitis helps to scrap out excessive phlegm and sputum and give relief from this serious condition of respiratory tract. All these ayurvedic treatments for bronchitis help to remove congestion of respiratory tract and give very satisfactory results.
All the products of Destination Ayurveda are safe to use because natural extract obtained from pure herbs of Ayurveda are used to prepare these ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis. This ayurvedic treatment s pack not only help to fight against bronchitis also help to treat against various other problems of respiratory tract.
All the products of Destination Ayurveda are formulated under medical supervision of expert Ayurveda doctors and free from ill effects of chemicals, preservatives, colours, binders and fillers added to all the herbal products of this pharmacy. All the products are safe for every age group and give very satisfactory results after regular use.
Ayurvedic treatments pack for bronchitis and full ingredient detail-
- Gojihvaadi Quaath – Gaujaban, Mulethi, Saunf, Munakka, Anjir, Unnaab,Adoosa,Joofa, Sapistan, Khoob kalan, Hansraj, Gul banafsha,Alsi,Khtami, Kantkari and Kali marich are various herbs of Ayurveda used to prepare this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis. This ayurvedic treatment is very effective remedy for cold, cough, rhinorrhoea, rhinitis, sinusitis and asthma. Regular use of this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis is also a great remedy for weak lungs and also good to treat high grade fevers. Regular use of this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis helps to clear blockages and excessive congestion.
Dosage - 10-15ml thrice a day with warm water for 50-90days.
- Asthasule capsule– Kupilu (Strychnos nuxvomicos), Dhastur (Dhatura Alba), Saindhav (Rock salt), Saambhar (Sodium chloride), Sauvarchal (Black salt) and Vaasaa (Adhatoda vasica) are various herbs of Ayurveda used to prepare this effective ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis. Herbs used in this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis help to fight against various dust particles and harmful radicals that are responsible for causing inflammation of respiratory tract. Anti-oxidant properties of herbs used in this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis help to fight against various serious infections of respiratory tract. Scrapping properties of herbs help to excrete out extra phlegm and congestion and give relief inexcessive inflammation of respiratory tract. All the herbs used in this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis are anti-spasmodic in nature and regular use of this herbal product helps to give long term relief in this problem.
Dosage- 2 capsules twice daily for 50-90 days.
- Exhain syrup - Vasaka (Adhatoda vasica), Kantkari (Solanum xanthocarpum), Madhuyashti (Glycyrrhiza glabra), Lisodha (Cauda dichomata), Khtami (Althoea officinalis), Tulsi (ocimim sanctum),Navsadar (Ammonium chloride), Tankan (Sodium biborate) and Sattva podina are the various effective herbs of Ayurveda used to prepare this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis. Herbs used in this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis help to clear the blockage of respiratory tract and also help to excrete out sticky sputum that is common sign of this serious health condition. Vasaka and Kantkari used in this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis help to fight against various infections of respiratory tract and both the herbs are beneficial remedies that fight against common cold, cough, flu and inflammations of respiratory tract. These herbs are anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory in nature and also help to fight against asthma. Herb Tulsi helps to boost our immune system and combat against various infections and other problems of throat. This syrup is natural and satisfactory relief for this chronic condition called bronchitis.
Dosage - 2 to 3 teaspoonful two thrice daily for 50-90 days.
- Motostat capsules- Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus), Bidanga (Embelia ribes), Chitrak (Plumbago zeylnaica), Pippali (Piper longum), Maricha (Piper nigrum), Vishva beshaj (Zingiber officinales), Amalki (Phyllanthes embelica), Vibhitaki (Terminalia belerica), Haritaki (Terminalia chebula), Elua (Aloe vera extract), Rason (Allium sativum), Karchoor (Curcuma zedoaria), Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) and Shuddha guggulu (Commiphora mukul) are various important herbs of Ayurveda used to prepare this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis. All the herbs are anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-microbial in nature and help to fight against serious infections and inflammation is respiratory tract. Regular use of this ayurvedic treatment for bronchitis helps to reduce congestion of tract and also help to remove mucus and congestion.
Dosage - 2 capsules twice daily for 50-90 days for better results.