Jaundice or icterus is defined as yellow pigmentation of skin and or sclera by bilirubin. Bilirubin is the normal and very important non-iron containing pigment present in the bile. Normal range of bilirubin in human blood is less than 1mg/dl. Raised level of bilirubin causes an important clinical condition called jaundice. Jaundice is result of elevated levels of bilirubin in blood stream termed as hyper-bilirubinaemia but it can be managed through ayurvedic products for jaundice. Jaundice becomes clinically evident when total blood serum bilirubin exceeds 2mg/dl.
Jaundice may result from one or more factors that include-
- Increased bilirubin production
- Decreased hepatic intake
- Decreased hepatic conjugation
- Decreased excretion of bilirubin into bile
According to simple classification jaundice is mainly divided into three types that include- haemolytic jaundice, hepato-cellular jaundice and obstructive jaundice. Obstructive jaundice is more common in our country and both male and females are equally prone to this serious disorder.
Neonatal jaundice appears in mostly 60% newly borns, when the total serum bilirubin is more that 3mg/dl due to immaturity of liver. It may be result of unconjugated and conjugated hyper-bilirubinaemia whereas former type is being more common. Yellow pigmentation of skin and eyes, nausea, vomiting, fever and continuous and high pitch crying are the main complications that are associated with neonatal jaundice. Phototherapy is the main treatment of jaundice of neonates.
Excessive Bleeding, anaemia, kidney problems, lung disorders, constipation and infections are the various complications of this serious disorder.
Symptoms of jaundice-
Major symptoms of jaundice include:
- Yellow pigmentation of skin
- Yellow colouration of conjunctiva of eyes
- dark coloured urine and pale colour stool
- irritation and burning sensation during micturition
- nausea and vomiting
- high grade fever
- weight loss
- ascites (accumulation of water in abdomen)
- abdominal pain
- generalised weakness
Causes of jaundice -
Improper functioning of liver, various disorders associated with liver like hepatitis A, B and C; problems of bile duct, tumours, certain medications and alcoholic liver disease are the various factors that trigger this serious problem associated with our hepatic system.
Ayurvedic products for jaundice -
Mefcop syrup and Arogya vardhini vati (500mg) are the ayurvedic products for jaundice available at Yamuna Pharmacy. Regular use of both the ayurvedic products for jaundice help to promote overall health of liver and protect it from the risk of various harmful disorders. All the herbs used in these ayurvedic products for jaundice are very beneficial to treat underlying symptoms of jaundice.
Regular use of these ayurvedic products for jaundice helps to reduce raised level of bilirubin in body and yellow pigmentation of skin and conjunctiva of eyes. Both the ayurvedic products are safe for all age groups and do not disturb the molecular level of cells and tissues.
All the products of Yamuna Pharmacy are natural and safe to use because products are formulated under the medical supervision of Ayurveda expert doctors. All the products of pharmacy are free from the harmful action of preservatives and chemicals.
Ayurvedic products for jaundice and ingredient detail:
- Mefcop syrup - Kaalmegh (Andrographis paniculata), Bhumi amla (Phyllanthus niruri), Parpat (Fumaria parviflora), Kaasani (Cichorium intybus) and Apaamaarg (Acyranthes aspera) are the various important herbs of Ayurveda used to prepare this wonderful ayurvedic product for jaundice. Natural extract of above mentioned pure herbs of Ayurveda are used to prepare this ayurvedic product for jaundice. Kalmegh used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice is also called bhooneem and this beneficial herb of Ayurveda is one cure for multiple and disorders. It is anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory herb. In case of jaundice it helps to purify our blood, protect blood cells from the harmful action of free radicals and waste materials and it helps to relieve excessive swelling of liver. Kalmegh is very beneficial bitter liver tonic that helps to promote overall health of liver and protect it from risk of various disorders. Natural extract of Bhumi amla used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice helps to reduce excessive inflammation of liver and also very beneficial for treating hepatitis. This herb not only helps to treat jaundice but is also beneficial for diabetes, ulcers, dyspepsia, diarrhoea and dysentery. Parpat used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice has calming effects and it is very beneficial for treating jaundice, high grade fever and excessive thirst. Kaasni is anti-inflammatory herb and it also helps to control diabetes. It is also used to promote healthy digestion. It supports liver health, helps to treat various liver ailments and it is very effective blood tonic. Apamarg used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice is very effective anti-inflammatory agent that helps to treat various ill conditions like jaundice, anaemia, indigestion, cough, asthma and liver related other disorders.
Dosage - 2-3 teaspoonful with clean potable water for 50-90 days for better results.
- Arogya vardhini vati (500mg) - Rasa (mercury), Loha bhasma, Abhrak bhasma, Haritaki, Vibhitaki, Amalki, Shilajatu, Shuddha guggul, Eranda, Katuka and Nimb are the various amazing herbs of Ayurveda used to prepare this ayurvedic product for jaundice. Rasa used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice is very effective medicine in Ayurveda. Due to its soothing properties it helps to prevent body cells from various serious problems. It is very effective rejuvenator, aphrodisiac, tonic, anti-microbial in nature and helps to promote healing process in body. Loh bhasma used to prepare this ayurvedic product for jaundice is one single remedy for treating various disorders like gastric complaints, liver related problems, obesity, diabetes, and various chronic respiratory problems. Haritaki,Vibhitaki and Amalki are three amazing herbs of Ayurveda with best health benefits. These three unique herbs of Ayurveda help to encourage proper functioning of various systems of body. These herbs are anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory in nature. These three herbs help to improve our immune system and also help in cleansing and purification of blood. Haritaki,Vibhitaki and Amalki help to prevent jaundice because these herbs protects our liver from harmful toxins and free radicals. Shilajatu used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice is used to treat splenomegaly, hepatomegaly, jaundice, bronchitis, nervous disorders and various chronic respiratory problems. Guggul used in this ayurvedic product for jaundice is very powerful anti-inflammatory herb and it helps to reduce raised cholesterol levels in body. Eranda used in this ayurvedic product is very beneficial herb that helps to combat against various liver and spleen related problems. Scrapping properties of this herb help to aid with digestive system, urinary system and respiratory system related troubles. It helps to relieve excessive swelling of body organs. It is very beneficial for treating ascites in sufferers of jaundice. Katuka used in this ayurvedic product is very effective anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic and hepato-protective herb that helps to aid with various liver related problems. Nimb is also anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant herb of Ayurveda that helps to protect our liver from harmful reactions of free radicals and toxins. Regular use of this ayurvedic product for jaundice helps to reduce high level of bilirubin and also promotes the health of hepatic system.
Dosage - 2 tablets twice a day for 50-90days after meals for best and satisfactory results.